AAA had a disastrous night with their iPPV of Triplemania XXI on UStream as the show never aired at all, the screen was black the whole time and the promotion tweeted on their account that UStream was to blame for this inconvenience. There is no word on if the show will air as a replay or whether any refunds will be given but this was a complete debacle.
AAA inducted Abismo Negro in their Hall of Fame tonight with his family and Mini Abismo Negro being there to accept on his behalf. A well deserved honor for someone who was a key performer in the promotion for close to 15 years.
AAA 6/16 Results- Arena Ciudad de Mexico City (Triplemania XXI)
1. Elegido/Fabi Apache/Dinastia/Pimpinela Escarlata beat Silver Kain/Taya Valkyrie/Mini Abismo Negro/Black Mamba
2. #1 Contender Match por el AAA Mega Heavyweight Title: Heavy Metal defeated Chessman
3. 5 Way Dance por el AAA Tag Titles: Crazy Boy & Joe Lider beat Drago & Fenix to win the titles. Order of Elimination: Angelico & Jack Evans/Los Mamitos (Mr. E & Sexy B)/Halloween & Psicosis Original/Drago & Fenix – After the match Vampiro made his return and presented the titles that he vacated with Joe Lider to Joe & Crazy Boy. Konnan then came out and got into a verbal debate with Vamp teasing a future match.
4. Jeff Jarrett/Monster Pain/Matt Morgan defeated The Psycho Circus (Monster Clown/Murder Clown/Psycho Clown) with La Bruja Karen verbally fighting with Marisela Pena being the story here.
5. AAA Mega Heavyweight Title: Hijo del Texano beat Heavy Metal to retain his title. Ray Mendoza Jr. came out after the match and formally challenged Texano to a shot at the title but said that he would need time to get in condition since he is “retired.”
6. Decision Match por el AAA Latin America Heavyweight Title: Blue Demon Jr. defeated El Mesias to win the title in a tecnico style match that the crowd didn’t really care for. L.A. Par-K made his return and presented Demon the title that he vacated and said that even though he left AAA he could come back if he wanted to. Everyone hugged afterwards.
7. Dr. Wagner Jr./Electroshock/Octagon/La Parka Jr. beat Canek/Mascara Ano Dos Mil/Universo Dos Mil/Villano IV in a match full of interference from Dorian Roldan who was helping the anti-AAA guys even though they really didn’t want his help. Erick “El Goyito” Perez did accompany Octagon but did nothing.
8. Caballera contra Caballera: Perro Aguayo Jr. defeated Cibernetico in a wild bloody brawl filled with weapons, ref bumps, Perros & Bizarros running out and getting stretchered out before Perrito pinned Ciber after a Lanza. Perrito dedicated the match to Hector Garza who was honored before the match in a video package and all the fathers on Dia del Padre. Ciber was indeed shaved bald as well in the first hair loss of his career.