Estimated crowd of about 800 people at Ripken Stadium. There was a meet and greet with some of the wrestlers beforehand, including Mr. Anderson, Robbie E., Kazarian, Gail Kim, and Rosita. All were very friendly.
To start the show, Christy Hemme greeted us and was very engaging with the crowd. She seemed very genuine and enthusiastic.
(1) A.J. Styles beat TNA tag champion Kazarian in about 8:00. Before the match, Kazarian buried the Baltimore Orioles and Cal Ripken to get heel heat. A.J. won with the Styles Clash. (**)
Christy Hemme introduced Earl Hebner, who had maybe the most heat of anyone there. He did the “You Screwed Bret” routine with his Damn Right I Did t-shirt and put on Bret Hart’s old pink sunglasses.
(2) Gail Kim beat Rosita in 5:00. Before the match, Gail also buried Maryland. Both worked as heels. Gail won with the tights after Rosita did a cross-body off the top rope and Gail rolled her over and used the tights. Sloppy. (3/4*)
(3) Rob Van Dam beat Robbie E. in a Bound for Glory Series match. RVD won with the five-star frog splash in about 6:00. Not much here. Robbie E. interrupted two minutes into the match and said the crowd wasn’t here to see RVD, but to see him fist bump. Good for comedy. Rob Van Dam looked a bit old here. (*3/4)
(4) Jeff Hardy beat Mr. Anderson in a Bound for Glory Series match. Lots of references in the crowd, before the match, to Mr. Kennedy. To which, Mr. Anderson responded, there would be a cease and desist on that. He said that train wreck is still going on on Monday Nights. Lots of comedy here. When Hardy came out, Anderson climbed over the rail and pretended to be a fan. He got all excited when he touched Hardy and Hardy reacted like a kid as well. Hardy was the most over of anyone here tonight. During the match, Hardy ripped Mr. Anderson’s shirt into pieces and threw it into the various sections of the crowd. Anderson got mad later and said it was the only shirt he had. Hardy got the win in 13 minutes. Anderson worked somewhat like a heel with a lot of stalling and restholds. Afterwards, Hardy and Anderson shook hands and even danced together. Okay match. (**1/4)
[ Intermission, which lasted about 45 minutes with Earl and Brian Hebner signing Earl's "Damn Right I Did" t-shirts along with other various things going on at the gimmick table. ]
(5) Sting beat Bobby Roode with the Scorpion Death Drop in 12:00. Lots of stalling and Bobby Roode calling Austin Aries’s title win a fluke. He really was hilarious as a whiney heel here. He did jumpings jacks all the way by the second base area of the field, and kept breaking the referee’s nine count. A lot of comedy in most of the matches tonight. (**)
(6) TNA World Hvt. champion Austin Aries beat Bully Ray via submission in about 10:00. A lot of comedy here. Bully Ray and Aries mocked each other during tests of strength with Aries getting the best of Bully Ray, putting the opposite arm up each time Bully Ray was ready and switching back-and-forth. Aries wanted an arm-wrestling competition so he laid down in the ring but kept getting back up when Bully Ray would drop. Quite the funny visuals. Okay match. (*3/4)
Afterwards, Austin Aries took pictures with fans. A fun show, overall, in spite of less than a total hour of wrestling for nearly a two-and-a-half-hour house show.
(1) Jeff Hardy
(2) Rob Van Dam
(4) Christy Hemme
(5) A.J. Styles
(6) Austin Aries
(7) Mr. Anderson
(1) Earl Hebner
(2) Bobby Roode
(4) Bully Ray
(5) Robbie E.